Art can go into any room in your home. It can be in a bedroom, a kitchen, a dining room or living room; even a bathroom. How many times have you gone to a place, whether it be a public building or a friends house and look around the room, bathroom included? You can even buy art for the “Man Cave” or “Babe Cave” (your sanctuary; whatever you wanna call it) such as tournament or belt test photos, or whatever your heart desires! With the variety of prints to choose from, you can get anything from the “softer” canvas prints to a more masculine feel like metal prints. There is also a special NEW 3D View-Master item available, which may or may not be ideal for sports photos but better for something like Cheesecake (the more provocative pinup) or Boudoir. This item could be freaking incredibly awesome as a gift and has been recently featured as this months promotional piece (see below for details). So ask me about anything special you might have in mind and get Shorty!
Boudoir: From Head to Toe
What to Expect
Keep in mind that mostly every woman coming in to get their boudoir images walk in looking like you and me. By that I mean, they don’t usually spend their days with their hair and makeup done, always in the best light and a most flattering pose. And if you are worried about not having that perfect skin that you see in most boudoir photos? You know the ones without blemishes or cellulite? Well, I have news for you. Those images have been retouched and I can do that for you too.
Part of my job is making you look your best and that’s exactly what I try to do. One of the most common concerns I hear from women is that they need to lose about 5 – 10 more pounds before coming in. No. You. Don’t. You are beautiful just the way you are!
One more thing I hear is, “I’m not sure about how I feel being on your website,” and I am absolutely fine with that. Your privacy and re-assurance is important to me and I will never put your images up without your permission nor will I ever pressure you to allow me to use your images anywhere. But don’t be surprised when you see your proofs and then say, and I quote, “Wow, is that me? Oh my gosh, OK, I’ve changed my mind. You can definitely put these on your site!”.
Here’s what to wear!
Pinup Tales: Tell the Tale
Pinup is very exaggerated and one thing I always say is if you’re feeling awkward than you’re doing GREAT!
I thought of using the name “Pinup Tales” because I want to capture your tale, your personality, your character. When you consider pinup think about what makes you, you. Yeah, we can do the always fun and classic poses from Bettie Paige and Rosie the Riveter (etc) but why not also do the “your name here” poses? Think of your hobbies and interests. You are unique in your own way. Why not incorporate those ideas into your session?
If your doing this for someone close to your heart, think of something specific y’all enjoy doing together or even something you know he’ll get a kick out of. Again, I’m always down to collaborate.
Promo Time Baby!
In the Spotlight: King Realty Broker, Ram King
What is your experience and education? I have been a licensed realtor for going on 7 years and a licensed broker for a little over a year.
Is this your full-time job? This is my full time career. I have basically immersed myself in as much of the real estate world as I can.
Are you a member of the National Association of Realtors? I am a member of the National Association of Realtors, Texas Association of Realtors and Houston Association of Realtors.
What’s the price range of most of the homes you have sold? My average price sold is aprox $375,000.
How many homes did you sell last year? 2015 we were able to help over 75 families move into new homes.
Which neighborhoods do you primarily work in? Our office is in Sugar Land, but our agents live all over the Houston area, so we are able to help you no matter what part of town you live in.
On average, how close to the asking price is the final sale price on homes you have sold? Our average LP/SP is 97.8%.
Do you work on your own or as part of a team? I own and operate an independent brokerage called King Realty and currently sponsoring 5 outstanding agents not including myself. Beatriz Galindo, Mariel Henriquez, Vincent Herrera, Anthony Duong, Alex Narvaez.
What type of support staff or resources do you have? We have a full time office manager that keeps everyone on track with our contracts, important dates, customer service needs, agent on boarding. We also have a marketing manger and agent support manager.
How will you keep me informed about progress? We like to have a minimum call with our listing clients to update them on activity during the course of the week on their properties. If any immediate actions are needed we will quickly make contact with our buyer or selling client. We believe clear, consistent and concise communication and teamwork are the key to success.
What makes you a great realtor? I feel that what I bring to the table is my experience with contracts and the overall real estate transaction. There are a lot of ways to help provide protection for your clients when negotiation a contract, and there are also many ways to get your client and yourself into a lot of trouble if you are not experienced in drafting and presenting your offer. We take extra steps to keep ourselves educated and up to date on all the changes that happen to a contract and all of the addendum and amendments. We try to put our clients in the best position possible on every transaction.
How do you stand out from other realtors out there? We really focus on attention to detail, never rushing our clients, listening to their needs and try to deliver what they are asking for.
All photographs are memento mori. To take a photograph is to participate in another person’s (or thing’s) mortality, vulnerability, mutability. Precisely by slicing out this moment and freezing it, all photographs testify time’s relentless melt. ~ Susan Sontag
Elite MMA Belt Test
Thank you Maria for being my model in trying out something new!
My 21 Days of PALEO!
I’ve never been one to diet nor have I ever considered it but recently I was talked into doing the 21 day Paleo challenge by my sister. I didn’t have to choose this challenge but I had heard about it before so Paleo was what I wanted to go with. Even though I always thought Paleo was expensive , I found out it’s really not. It even sounds complicated, but truthfully it isn’t. I mean, my first day I had no idea what I was doing because I hadn’t done any research what so ever. I had even just went to the grocery store a couple days prior (not knowing I was soon going to be dieting) and bought an 84 count box of mozzarella sticks, pizza and god knows what else.
I’m a carb feign by nature, so starting this Paleo journey has definitely been a challenge for me. With that said, I do not regret it in the least. Yeah, I plan on hitting up some carbs on day 22… Shooot, I’ve even gone over which chocolate candy bar I’m going to eat first HA-HA-HA. (It’s out of the 3 Muskateers and Reeses). Guess what, by the time you’re reading this I’ll already be on day 22! Hmmm, makes you wonder, huh. 🤔 What is she eating right now? I wonder what candy bar she chose? Yeah, right now, I wonder that too.
No, seriously though. Even though I do miss some carbs, I’m really glad I agreed to the Paleo. My cooking will never be the same again! If you’re wondering what physical affects I’ve noticed from Paleo, I lost 6 lbs in 6 days and by the second week my skin looked healthier and younger. I’m now on day 19 and I feel great. To anyone feeling up to it, needing a good challenge or just bored with your usual routine? I challenge you!
If you need a guide and don’t know where to start, feel free to follow our board on Pinterest here.
EVER WONDER WHY YOU’RE SO TIRED?
Here’s 10 Reasons Why You’re Tired All the Time
- Depression – You could be depressed and not even know it. This is because depression can take hold gradually without a person even realizing thoughts and feelings increasingly dominating his/her perspective over life.
- Sleep Apnea – It causes people to wake up throughout the night because they stop breathing which in turn causes a person to feel tired during the day. Sleep Apnea can also cause high blood pressure, diabetes, depression and headaches.
- Skipping Breakfast – The most important meal of the day so they say. Why? Because it gives you energy for the day by fueling your body. It’s good for your health and improves your mood and your memory. Skipping breakfast can make you feel tired and make it harder for you to feel awake. Keep in mind, if you are not eating the proper nutrients you need to function, your body most definitely will slow down.
- Dehydration – According to WebMD, water makes up the majority of your blood and other body fluids, and even mild dehydration can cause blood to thicken, forcing the heart to pump harder to carry blood to your cells and organs. Quick Tip: Immediately prior to waking up, drink 16 oz of water. It makes a difference… and you’ll notice it.
- Napping – It may not seem like enough time but try taking a nap longer than 30 minutes. Taking longer naps can actually cause you to wake up feeling more tired. After 30 minutes your brain falls into a deep sleep which will lead to you waking up feeling groggy.
- Not enough Iron – One of the most common symptoms of iron deficiency is exhaustion. For your body to deliver oxygen throughout it, iron intake is critical. It produces hemoglobin, a protein that helps red blood cells deliver the oxygen. So without iron, your body suffers and can potentially lead to anemia.
- Eating too much fat or bad fat – Fats takes up a lot of energy to process slowing down digestion. Ever wonder why after eating fast food or a high intake of carbs you feel extremely lethargic and want to pass out? There you have it. Try eating less bad fats and more healthy fats like avocado per se. The same for carbs; for example sweet potatoes or plantains.
- Too much coffee – Ever notice how the more coffee you drink, the more tired you feel? I have. It’s true that your 1st morning cup gives you a good energy boost but too much coffee can cause dehydration and in turn fatigue. Another option to try aside from coffee is green or black tea and dark chocolate (70% cocoa or higher)!
- Not Enough Exercise – Let’s say you get off of work and feel way too exhausted to work out so you skip it. Huge mistake! Regular exercise has the ability to increase your energy, improve your muscle strength and boost your endurance. Even though you may not be feeling up to it, I guarantee you’ll feel so much better afterwards. Get your workout on!
- Checking your phone at bedtime – Waking up tired? It may be because you check your phone before bed. On top of that, it has been proven that the light given off by our phone or tablet has the power to disrupt our sleep. Turn it over and set it out of arms reach so you’re not tempted to go for it. If you must check it, do it before lying down.
Most Liked On Instagram This Month
First time at the bark park like…
Events & Entertainment
|Wednesday, August 3
||National Watermelon Day
|Sunday, August 7
||National Lighthouse Day
|Wednesday, August 10
||National S’mores Day
|Thursday, August 11
||President’s Joke Day
|Saturday, August 13
||International Lefthander’s Day
|Monday, August 15
||National Relaxation Day
|Tuesday, August 16
|Wednesday, August 17
||National Thrift Shop Day
|Thursday, August 18
||Bad Poetry Day
|Monday, August 22
||Be An Angel Day
|Wednesday, August 24
|Thursday, August 25
||Kiss and Make Up Day
|Friday, August 26
||National Dog Day
|Saturday, August 27
||Race Your Computer Mouse / Mice Day
|Monday, August 29
||More Herbs Less Salt Day
|Tuesday, August 30
||National Toasted Marshmallow Day
Thanks so much for stopping by. Please like and share with all of your friends. If you have any questions or suggestions, I’m all ears!
With much respect and appreciation,